Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Captivating Read!!


First thoughts:

This book was a very fast read for me, seriously. I started reading the first page and I couldn't literally stop, the time passed me like it was nothing. I read this up late into the night till I finished it. I think because I came in tuned with the characters and I wanted to know what happened, wait let me rephrase that, I HAD to know what happened. I really love the back stories to these characters and how this whole story was based on another story within the book. I thought it was really creative and spunky!

Summary:

About a girl named Emma who ends up moving in with her Aunt Christine because of how her stepfather abused her and now that she went to this elite private school she only hopes to blend in and not stand out. But when she arrives she is anything but in the background. Soon she has the most popular guy after her but then she clearly puts a stop to it when she see's his behavior, no she has her eyes on another guy named Brendan. But Brendan doesn't really date any of the girls in school and when Brendan shows interest in Emma she literally loses touch with reality.

But when Brendan goes from being close to being afar and then close again, Emma gets supspcious. And on top of that she is having night terrors, ones in which she sees herself dying and her dead twin brother Ethan warning her to stay away from Brendan.

It takes all Emma has to solve this case and figure who she really is and with the help of her friend Angelique she might just have a chance of breaking whatever curse that has descended upon her.

Last thoughts:

I really enjoyed this book. The storyline is unique, the characters are developed and it has a touch of supernatural in it. This is definately a book I enjoyed to read. Shultz has created a world of amazing stories and I can't wait to see what else she comes out with. And whether or not there is going to be another story I'm not quite sure. Though the problems in this book were solved the author left it open to continue on with other books with these characters and I really hope she does...I give this book 4.5 stars out of 5, it was original, captivating and most importantly well written. 

No comments:

Post a Comment