Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Savage Grace Review


Date Published: March 13, 2012

Add it on Goodreads

Buy it on Amazon or B&N

Number of Pages: 488    

Publisher: Egmont USA


First Thoughts:

This definitely didn’t start out slowly; the reader was instantly thrown back into Grace’s world.  It really left off shortly after the last book and I was once again connected with Grace and her world. I was pretty satisfied on how this series ended but still felt a yearning for a more sound ending…I still felt a little unsure of the end of this world but maybe some books just need to end this way. But thankfully I found this series to be a fun and interesting read on werewolves and would recommend it to fans of that paranormal. And as for the fans of the “Divine” series I think you’ll be satisfied with the overall turnout of this book.

Plot:

The plot was pretty straight forward; there were plenty of suspense and surprises to keep the reader interested throughout the book. I found the concept to be consistent with the previous two books of the series. I really enjoyed that some of the concepts were explained a little better in this book; we started to learn the official rules and boundaries of the world and we got to see the expected roles of each of the characters. There were parts of the plot that confused me at times…like I didn’t remember certain information from the previous books but thankfully the book eventually went back and covered any information that the might have forgot. Also I enjoyed that I wasn’t able to guess the resolution till the very end, the author did a really great job on giving the reader false leads, it was like trying to go through a maze…you didn’t discover the resolution until the author wanted you to; this is something I really enjoy in books. One thing I kind of didn’t like was that some of the scenes seemed a little out of sync…like they didn’t quite fit into the book…I don’t know really how to describe it but it was just a feeling a got while reading this book. I guess it would be different for each reader. As far as the pace it was pretty quick, I managed to read this good sized book in two days…and it took me that long because the plot was a little slow at times which caused me to put it down and do something else…and I guess it didn’t help that another book caught my eye and caused me to read it first before finishing this book. But overall the plot was pretty good and I overall enjoyed it.

Romance:

If you’ve read this series you very well know the romance between Daniel and Grace so there’s no surprise there that the romance is at times over the top and it did at times take priority over the main conflict. And there was of course the conflict of the two being together…so overall that romance is nothing new to the readers and seeing you should read the previous two books before this one you should be able to base on your liking of the romance from those. As for the other romances there was some but definitely more subtle and in the background.

Characters:

The characters were just as lively as in the previous books. I still really loved Grace though at times she was quite annoying and not thinking clearly (but I’ll forgive her) As for the more minor characters I think I enjoyed them even more at times than I did the main characters. They just seemed to add a different layer to this world; one to provide both sentimental and comic relief to the characters world. And each character had their own role to play and if one of them were to be deleted this story would be off…way off. So overall the characters added more depth and fun to this book.

Transformation of the Character:

The transformations in this book were amazing, I loved watching them (yes watching, not reading, it really feel like I was watching this book) each transformation was gradual and very beautiful and needed. I didn’t think any of the transformations felt unrealistic or wrong…it was really fun to see them take place…I’m not going to say nothing more…I’ll let you see for yourself. So overall this aspect really added to the book.

Description:

The description was really good at times and not at others. I felt at times the description made the story drag or cause me to get disinterested in the book.  But at the times that it was good it really allowed me to picture each scene really well. The description of the scenery and what was happening was really well described and allowed my senses to be involved…the warehouse scene was really well described and the battle scenes as well. And the description also helped me really connect with the characters even better; to get me to understand them…so I guess in the end the description helped connect the reader to the story.

Style:

This was written in one POV and first person which allowed the reader to connect better with a more personal story and to see the world with a narrower lens…it allowed this complicated world to be told in a way that wouldn’t overwhelm the reader. And as far as the author’s writing it was just as easy and fun to read as her previous books…there weren’t really any changes that I could note. So overall the style was good for the book.

Quote of the book:

“Your life is a lot bigger than this moment. You need to remember that you can't let the trials you face right now derail your course forever.”

Goodreads Summary:

A troubled soul. An impossible choice. A final battle.

Wrestling with the werewolf curse pulsing deep inside of her, Grace Divine was finally able to find her brother, but it nearly cost her everything.

With her boyfriend, Daniel, stuck in wolf form and Sirhan's death approaching, time is running out for Grace to stop Caleb Kalbi and his gang of demons. If she fails, her family and hometown will perish. Everything rests on Grace's shoulders.

The final installment in The Dark Divine trilogy brings Daniel and Grace's love story to a breathtaking conclusion.

Last Thoughts:

I would recommend this to YA readers and to the fans of werewolf paranormal…this was definitely a fun book to read and I’m glad to see the conclusion of these adorable characters. Though I might be sad to leave them behind I am still happy to see the conclusion to their story…it’s about time they got their ending. But overall I enjoyed the authors writing and will look forward to any future books this author may produce.

My Rating:




3 comments:

  1. A really great review! I've had mixed feelings over this series but I can't wait to read this book now. I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sam! It's pretty long too, longer than the previous two books I believe and I did overall enjoy it so I hope you do too! The ending was definitely something I didn't see coming! Happy Reading :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! I am following you now.
    Check my blog
    http://divyabisht.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete