Monday, May 7, 2018

Whisper Review

34020950

Date Published: May 1, 2018

Author: Lynette Noni

Add it on Goodreads

Buy it on Amazon or B&N

Number of Pages: 320

Publisher: KCP Loft

I Voluntarily read and reviewed Whisper. All Thoughts and opinions are my own.

First Thoughts:

I didn't know much about this book going into it. I haven't read this author before and I certainly didn't know what to expect. But man was I in for a surprise. I loved this book so much! Though it had the tendencies to be just like any other book but it was so good that I was able to overlook that. I fell in love with the story and for the first quarter I had no idea what was going on, I just wanted to keep reading till I found answers to my questions. There was so much I loved about this book, so let's get started.

Goodreads Summary: 

For two years, six months, fourteen days, eleven hours and sixteen minutes, Subject Six-Eight-Four---'Jane Doe'---has been locked away and experimented on, without uttering a single word.

As Jane's resolve begins to crack under the influence of her new -- and unexpectedly kind --evaluator, she uncovers the truth about Lengard's mysterious 'program', discovering that her own secret is at the heart of a sinister plot...and one wrong move, one wrong word, could change the world. 

Plot:

This is filled with lots of questions and little answers coming right after. This book slowly revealed it's secrets but when it did it was mind blowing. The best part of this book is the way the story was revealed. If the author had chose to reveal who the main protagonist was it wouldn't have been as fun to read. Half the fun is the anticipation. And this book has plenty of that! Also loved how it dealt with issue of inhumane experiments. It really let's the reader get a better grasp on the main character. We're really able to bond with the characters and understand that what is going on is not right. But we're also able to see others who go along with it, so you really get two sides. I liked the paranormal part of this book, it's different in a way that it's not really the same as usual paranormal powers. Though it's the same on how the powers play out. The main character hardly had any trouble mastering different parts of her powers and I wish I could've seen more of a struggle. But other than that the plot was fast and I really couldn't put down this book and when I did, all I did was think about it. I'm still thinking about this book and it's been days since I've finished it. 

Romance:

I wouldn't say there was really any true romance in here; though there was a hint of it. I'm sure as the series progresses there will be some. But it was a nice reprieve to get away from a story just focused on the romance. So kudos to you Noni!

Characters:

The main character is referred to, to many names. One of them being Chip which I loved. But most of the book she is referred to as Jane, six-eight-four, or JD. The reader didn't even know her name till almost the end, so I will not be giving you her real name. so you as a reader, you can discover it yourself. But Jane was such a fragile and controlled in a sense character that it was so easy to get attached to. She was such a awesome main character and I loved getting to know her. Wade was a good character even when he made his mistakes. The other characters were good too like Cami. I instantly loved Cami, kinda wish she was my best friend. But the author did an excellent job describing the characters, that you either got to really like them, or really hate them. There is definitely some characters I wish to see die a very slow death, lol. 

Transformation of the Character:

Jane did some transforming in this book but I think as the series progresses she will bloom even more and I can't wait to see it. By the end she was still a little fragile and in the unknowing but she was much better off than when she first started. Wade and Cami stayed about the same. So really this wasn't an area in the book that made a huge impact on what I thought of the book.

Description:

Loved how the author described the emotions of the characters and the situations. I was really able to grasp what was going on and how the characters were reacting to the problems and situations around them. I also liked that this book took place in Australia. Seeing as I'm from the USA I don't get to read a lot of books based in Australia, so it was a breath of fresh air. Seeing the zoo described was so fun! And of course where Jane was taken to was described to the tee in a way that I was able to get a lay of the land. The way the author described stress and pain the characters were put through really gave me a grasp on the situation and how serious it was. So kudos to you Ms.Noni!

Style:

This was written in first person and is only in one POV. Being written in first person really allowed the reader to better understand Jane. We didn't know much about her to begin with so we needed all we could get to better understand the makings of Jane. So first person allowed that. Being written in only Jane's point of view allowed the reader to only get her perspective, to better keep the story mysterious; the answers out of reach. I think Ms.Noni made the right choice doing that, the anticipation is the best part of the book, who really likes to know all the answers in the first 50 pages?! Hmmm? Not me. The mystery kept me on the edge of my seat, kept me reading late into the night. I hardly got any sleep with this book! The author's writing itself was easy and fun to read. I had no problems with it, it even had a style with the words. How certain words that were meant to be taken seriously were drooped down, letter by letter. You have to see it for yourself to see what I mean. But this writing was intriguing and awesome.

Quote of the Book:

"My name is not "Jane Doe." But  that is who I've become. And that is who I'll remain. It's the safest this way. For everyone."

Last Thoughts:

I'm was so sad to see this book end but at least this is only book one. At least there will be one more book to read (hopefully more!!) I hope, nothing is set in stone but this book ended in questions. I would recommend this to any mystery and paranormal reader. This will be right up your alley! This book is already out so go out there and buy it! I dare you!

My rating:

5 Blooms! Fully bloomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment