Thursday, June 21, 2012

Interview with Diantha Jones


Hey my fellow followers!

I have another wonderful interview for you guys, Diantha, author of “The Prophecy of the Most Beautiful” has taken time out of her busy schedule to answer some really cool questions about her book. But before we get to the interview here’s a summary on what her book is about:


She has a destiny so great that even the gods fear her.

Constant hallucinations and the frequent conversations with the voices in her head, have earned eighteen-year-old Chloe Clever the not-so-coveted title of "Whack Job" in her home town of Adel, Georgia. With the onslaught of prescription medications and therapists threatening to push her over the edge, she wishes for a life far away from the one she has, a life where she is destined to be more than the butt of everyone's jokes and mockery.

Be careful what you wish for has never rung more true.

After living through an attack from her worst nightmare, she awakens to find herself far from home, surrounded by glorious riches and servants…and a few demigods who enjoy killing things. Upon learning that her favorite rockstar is an Olympian god, she is thrust into her new life as the Oracle of Delphi, the prophesier of the future, and the great Pythia that the gods have been anxiously awaiting to arrive for centuries. Setting out to fulfill the prophecy she has been given and to keep her family safe from a demigod Princess that wants her dead, Chloe learns of how great she is to become, all the while fighting mythical monsters, evading divine assassins and trying to outwit the ever-cunning Greek gods who harbor secrets of their own. In the hopes of discovering the Most Beautiful and the truth of her destiny, she strives to uncover the mysteries of the demigod Prince who has sworn to protect her with his life…and threatens to win her heart in the process.

To hear what I thought of the book go Here to read my review!

Interview with Diantha Jones

What inspired you to write this book?

I LOVE Greek mythology. Before I even know that I wanted to write a series based around it, I loved it. So when I finally decided that I was ready to write my first novel, I didn’t really have to think about it.

What was the hardest part of the writing process?

Narrowing my focus. Greek myth in its entirety is majorly OVERWHELMING. I tried many different angles before arriving at the Oracle of Delphi, but when I did it was like hitting a home run in the World Series - A total WINNER.

Were there any songs that helped you get through writing this book?

What an awesome question. MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS. I love movie soundtracks, in particular the “Wrath of the Titans” soundtrack, which is completely Greek myth inspired. But I also love my classical music station on Pandora. I just let it play and write for hours.

If you could be a demigod which God would you like as your parent?

This is the hardest question I’ve ever been asked. I’d have to say Dionysus. Dionysus is that parent that would never tell you to turn your music down, never mention the word “curfew”, and when he finds you and your friends passed out on the living room floor from a little overindulgence, nudges you awake with the toe of his Converse and says “Hungry? I made breakfast.”

Which of your characters is your favorite?

My two main characters, Chloe Clever and Strafford Law, are my favorites. I love how they mesh so well together yet manage to drive each other crazy on an hourly basis. They’re the perfect couple.

Who supported you the most throughout this whole process?

My parents were constant supporters throughout this entire process and they continue to be so. They are known for bragging about my book to everyone they know which lets me know that they are truly proud of me and not just supporting me because I’m their daughter. But I can’t downplay my sister, extended family and friends. They’ve been major supporters as well. I’m so blessed to have all of them in my life. Then of course, there are the fabulous book blogs like the Page Turner who relentlessly support us Indie authors simply because they love books! Where would we all be without them?

Were there any scenes you took out?

I think I took out an entire book of scenes from Prophecy of the Most Beautiful. Some I put aside for other books in the series, others are gone forever, but every deletion was made to better the book and the series in general.

What should we expect in the next book?

Prophecy of the Setting Sunrise is going to be revelational as far as Strafford Law is concerned. Secrets will be revealed, truths will be told, and Chloe will realize just what kind of world Myth really is. Nothing is as it seems and the gods can’t be trusted any further than she can throw a full-grown pegasus. The Fates aren’t messing around anymore and Chloe is about to find that out. I can’t wait to share it with my readers!

Thanks so much, Lacey!



No thank you Diantha! It was so wonderful to read your responses to my questions and it was wonderful having you stop by my blog!

Click Here to visit her website and learn more about Diantha Jones.



No comments:

Post a Comment