Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fulfilling and action packed


First Thoughts:
The cover is so enticing and gorgeous and though I’ve been taught time after time to never judge a book by its cover this time it was hard not to. And yes I picked this book up solely on the purpose on wanting to continue the story of Frey I also most likely would have given this book a try based solely on the cover (tsk tsk to me; I know).
The beginning of this book picks right up where the last one left off, I wasn’t left with any blanks and I was happy to account that all my characters were ready for action. The plot of this book definitely was complicated and filled with action and suspense. There were so many mysteries that needed solving and at one point near the end I was worried the author wouldn’t be able to clear everything up (this book as I had heard was supposed to be the conclusion to the story) but I wasn’t disappointed. All major conflicts were solved and neatly tidied up. Though I will admit I felt the ending needed to be longer; I felt that it was somewhat rushed and it would have been amazing to see more of how Frey dealt with her responsibilities and how she adjusted accordingly. But perhaps that’s just me nick-picking; I mean we can’t always have what we want can we? The characters themselves were just as awesome in this book as they were in “Frey”. Each of them brought value to the story; they each had a little something that was essential to the book as a whole. I felt that more transformations took place in this book; even the minor characters changed a bit and became more of who they were meant to be. And Frey, well she didn’t make a dramatic transformation but she did make one, she definitely became who she was meant to be but I feel she has more to go and us as the reader can only assume that with time she will surely become that beautiful butterfly. The writing itself is just as unique in this book as it was in the first one. The author did a great job on morphing the scenes to where they blended in an orderly fashion, the way she chose to write this story can be difficult but she did a great job on smoothing things over and putting everything in great order. The author is very knowledgeable in the fact that she knows her characters world; she understands them and knows every little back story that is essential to the characters themselves. She also did a great job on explaining Frey’s major weakness in the first book. I just couldn’t connect all the way with Frey because of how weak and fragile she was but in the book all is revealed and when I look back it all makes sense; every last bit. As for the description in this book it was just as beautiful and lacked nothing; it was very beautiful and evenly distributed that I found no faults in that department. This was an overall fun series and story.

Goodreads Summary:

After revealing her own dark past, Frey is forced to join with a group of strangers whose pasts seem to intertwine with her own. She struggles to regain her memories, her full power, only to find there is more danger on the other side. And now, there is no turning back.

Last thoughts:
I would recommend this to fans of “Frey” this is definitely a book you won’t want to miss, all is revealed in this book. I would also recommend this to fans of paranormal and fantasy; it deals with unique powers, fairies (though just a tiny bit), elves, and humans. This book just has so much to offer to fans of the broader category; YA/Teens. I wouldn’t however recommend this book if you didn’t take a liking to the first book; if you didn’t enjoy the first book odds are you won’t like this one. Also I wouldn’t recommend this to readers who don’t enjoy stories centered on several stories; there are a lot of stories/subplots scattered throughout this book. But overall I enjoyed the series and thought that the author answered almost all the questions a reader could take from this book and I am more than willing to read anything else this writer might have in store for us.

My Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment