Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This book was on Fire!!


First Thoughts:

Ah...what do I even say about this book?! I have completely fallen head over heels for it. The character's build up was fantastic, it was a thrilling read. I found it very hard to put down. The writing was just as amazing as the plot and I can't wait till Goddess Interrupted comes out. Ugh! AMAZING. Greek Mythology used to just be a second thought but lately it's been more than that, I love it and this book just made me love it even more. The playing of ideas and creating these God's and Goddess's to be something different then we percieved them. Carter gave these character personalities and looks that were very believeable. And I found that there were many twists and turns that I hadn't expected. One thing is for sure this is the start of an amazing series that many will soon grow to love.

Summary:

Kate Winters is moving from New York to her mothers childhood home all because her mother is dying from Cancer. Kate is devastated, she has abandoned all chances of a social life to care for her sick mother but she was fine with that because the bond between the two of them was more than some silly life. So when she brings her to this new small town she has only one thing on her mind and that is caring for her mother and dealing with the after effects from when she does die. But Kate soon discovers that this is no oridnary town and she meets a mysterious guy named Henry who offers her one heck of a deal; her mother's life for her to come stay with him for six months every year. But can Kate make that sacrifice and if she does is she ready to deal what's behind Manor Gates?

Last Thoughts:

I loved this book, I laughed at times, I cried, I was angry along side Kate. I felt I was Kate and any author who can give me that is wonderful, So thanks Carter!! It was a wonderful and fast read for me. and a special thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to preview this book early, I'm so glad I was able to read it and can't wait till it offically comes out so that I may purchase a copy to read in the future! I give this book 5 stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment