Friday, June 3, 2011

Warning: Very Addictive!!

First Thoughts:

I went into this book ready, I had heard mixed reviews, but upon reading the summary I was more than intrigued. I enjoyed this book immensely. There was so much action and twists that it definately kept me on my toes. I really thought the plot was unique and beautiful. I haven't read a book this unique in quite awhile. There's been so many books lately that haven been using the same plot likeness over and over, boring me to death but this isn't one of them. I was taken on a ride of a lifetime, introduced to Finley, who was once a troubled girl, who transformed into such a beautiful and confident woman. This journey was well paved and I had fun reading this book, even though all I wanted was to devour it.

Summary:

This is about a girl named Finley who was taken in my a duke named Griffen who took her only in because she intrigued him, he knew there was something special about Finley, that she witheld something powerful and knew he would fit in with the rest of his friends at his mansion.

Soon Finley, Griffen along with his friends, Emily, Sam and Jaspar are put to the test as their unique powers blossom and they are in search of "The Machinist" who is responsible for several unique robberies and is the one who might expose their secrets and all hell would break lose. The five of them team together to discover his plans and to stop him before its too late.

Last Thoughts:

This was a very fast read for me, no joke. This is the kind of book that once you start you don't want to put down. You'll find your thoughts straying to the book even when you're not reading. The writing was very good, though some might find it a bit overwhealming, with all the new ideas and thoughts being cramed into these pages, but once you read after awhile, you'll get used to it and will catch on quite quickly. And there's one thing for sure. This journey is far from over and I cannot wait to continue reading their journey and see even more transformations. I give this book 4.5 stars, for being so unique and beautiful. Thank you Cross, for such a great book and not following the usual plot line of so many other books.

No comments:

Post a Comment