Thursday, October 21, 2010

Uh....Can Someone turn on the Lights?


This book was a serious eye opener for me. I've never read a book that quite made me feel like this one. Could you imagine getting betrayed by your own parents and be sent to be "unwound"? In other words, they take apart every piece of your body and sell it away to someone who might need it, whether it be if someone broke their arm or if someone wanted to change thier eyes! Scary to think of isn't it?




Unwind starts out introducing three characters who are about to be sent to be uwound. Connor, the kid who has fire in his heart, Risa the one who isn't wanted anymore and Lev, the one who wants to be unwound. Yep, you heard me, he's known his whole life he was going to be unwound and he's doing it as a sacrifice to God. I don't know about you but that's creepy. On the eve of when Connor is going to be sent away he sneaks out to escape his soon to be unwinding. He soon embarks on a journey that gets Risa's and Lev's lifes intertwined with his. They end up at camp where they will do anything to survive. But will that be enough to save them from unwinding? Or will they get captured and soon face what they knew was coming all along?



This book had me unwinding at the bit and there is one scene I will never forget. Though in the end I know that reading this book has taught me about society and what could happen if we don't watch it closely.
 
I give this book 4 and a Half Laces on the count of unerving me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment