Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Coming January 10, 2012


First Thoughts:
I can’t believe I’m already writing the review for this book I just started it last night and couldn’t put it down, I found myself reading late through the night only my own will power stopped me from reading the whole thing in one sitting. But as soon as I woke up, I dug right back in and didn’t stop till the last sentence was read and man this was such a great book, so different from the books I’ve been reading lately. The story itself was full of surprises and jam packed emotions, I felt at times on the verge of wanting to take control of the character and make her teach the other characters some very hard learned lessons. But in the end it was the main character who taught me the lesson, to be perfectly honest few books get me to feel the way this book did. The self-control Addy had was past amazing, she was a character I wish to meet out in person, someone I believe everyone should look up to. The best part about her was the beautiful transformation she made; she went from this weak low self-esteem person to this person with so much confidence and grace. As for the rest of the characters they were no doubt filled with personality each one had their own attitude and frame of mind and it really pulled me in and made the story that much more real. There was one character I wished I could have learned more about and that was Eric, I would have loved to have learned a little about his past and what brought him to work where he did, he in fact was one of my favorite characters, he just radiated so much warmth and happiness that I would love to confide in him. As for the plot of the story it was fast paced and really there wasn’t a dull moment and the climax had me wanting to read as fast as I could so I could learn the resolution. This book definitely brought out all the emotions of me and allowed me to grasp onto the story even more and understand the underlying message. As for the description I felt the author did a good job describing the scenery though some scenes lacked in some ways but it didn’t subtract from the beauty of the book itself and the author did do a good job at capturing the beauty of Tennessee. As for the writing style I found no issues with it, I did find some grammar issues, like some sentences were formed awkwardly but I was able to fix those few places in my head and move forward. This book is full of beauty and great adventure; this is definitely a book to put on the “To-Read” list.
Goodreads Summary of “First Date”:
Addy Davidson discovers God's unexpected plans for her life when a reality TV show turns her quiet existence on its head.
The orphaned daughter of missionaries, Addy is quite content to stay in the shadows and never draw attention to herself. But when she's selected for a reality TV show to try to become the President son's prom date-a show she didn't audition for-she's suddenly in America's spotlight.
The lights, the make-up, the competitions, and the blogs discussing every move she makes all make Addy incredibly uncomfortable. But through her time at The Mansion, Addy comes to realize that first impressions aren't always right, that hiding out may not be what God had planned for her life, and that her faith should affect everything she does. It may just be that her selection wasn't random at all and that she's on this show "for such a time as this."
Last Thoughts:
I would recommend this book to any Christian and lover of romance; though this wasn’t a full out romance novel it really dealt with the Christian way of romance. I also would recommend this to any lover of “Fluff” books because this definitely has all the elements to please any lover of them. I wouldn’t recommend this to people who are uncomfortable reading about God, this does deal with God and the religion of Christianity. I also wouldn’t recommend this to people who don’t like reading about fluffy romance, it does have plenty of those moments and if you feel it’s too “cheesy” then this is not the book for you. But I would also recommend this to people who aren’t really sure about Christianity I believe this book will make a believer of you! This author did a great job in execution of a book that sent a silent message that could change the hearts and minds of many. This is a story I wouldn’t mind seeing continued.

And if you want to read "First Date" too, sign up to Netgalley and follow the link below to grab it yourself(This only applies if you're a book blogger)


Here's the link: http://bit.ly/sUNHyg



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed First Date! What an encouraging review. And you read it in one day! WOW! A girl after my own heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I am glad you enjoyed it because I just received it through NetGalley and am about to start reading it. =D

    ReplyDelete